Water-cooled copper launders use the freeze lining principle to reduce component wear. Lower wear means longer launder life, cutting long-term maintenance costs and downtime production losses.
Many launder designs present an inherent safety risk by positioning the water cooling passages underneath the slag flow. This greatly increases the probability that a burn-through due to matte or metal entrainment will breach the channel and cause a steam explosion, putting the lives of personnel at risk and leading to downtime and repair costs.
Tenova Pyromet's uniquely innovative launder design eliminates the explosion hazard normally associated with water-cooled copper launders. Advanced CAD and FEA engineering tools ensure an optimum balance between maximum heat transfer efficiency and safe operation.
Tenova Pyromet launders can be tailored to individual customer requirements:
- Lengths ranging from 800 mm to multi-segment runs of over 20 m.
- Monel tubing or drilled water passages, depending on heat loads and safety requirements.
- Higher power density levels can be maintained, for higher furnace throughput
- Lower Heat Losses, the insulating freeze lining reduces energy losses from the furnace.
Value for Money
- longer campaign life reduces overall capital expenditure. Decreased downtime cuts production losses.
- External water passages on SAFECOOL cooler designs keep water outside the furnace
- Cast-in monel tubes in MAXICOOL coolers eliminate the risk if water leaks caused by casting defects
- Long-term cracks in copper due to thermal fatigue cannot extend into monel passages
- Fusion of monel tubes with cast copper ensures excellent heat transfer
- Tenova Pyromet - Copper Products (English) 521.78 KB
- Tenova Pyromet - Copper Products (Russian) 496.70 KB
- Tenova Pyromet - Corporate Brochure (Chinese) 1.15 MB
- Tenova Pyromet - Corporate Brochure (Russian) 1.77 MB
- Tenova Pyromet - Corporate Brochure (English) 726.68 KB
To contact overview map
Contact Contact Person Position Legal Entity Department Phone Fax Address Tenova South Africa (PTY) Ltd. General +27 11480 2000 +27 8674 30389 firstname.lastname@example.org
Midrand Business Park, Building no 4, 563 Old Pretoria, Main Road Halfway House, Midrand, Johannesburg
Tenova at METEC 2019
Tenova technology insights will be at METEC 2019, with a special focus on Sustainability and Industry 4.0
Tenova technology insights at METEC 2019: a special focus on Sustainability and Industry 4.0
Castellanza, May 22, 2019 - Fossil-free steel production through hydrogen, large-scale metal powder production for Additive Manufacturing,...
Nachfolgeauftrag für LOI Thermprocess in Russland
OJSC MMK-METIZ, Magnitogorsk, Russland vergibt Nachfolgeauftrag über eine HPH® Haubenofenanlage für Drahtbunde an Tenova LOI Thermprocess
Water cooled Copper Elements
Furnace Sidewall CoolingTenova's copper products use the freeze lining principle to reduce component wear. Lower wear means longer launder life, cutting long-term maintenance costs and downtime production losses.
Matte and slag taphole blocksTenova Pyromet copper tapholes are part of an integrated design solution for the entire taphole area, including the block and its surrounding refractory.