Electrolytic Galvanizing Lines (EGL) for Carbon Steel Strip
Tenova EGL technology stands out due to the following distinctive features:
• Plating cells
• Improved plating process control
• Insoluble anodes
• Zinc dissolving plants
Tenova design for the circumferential plating cell allows:
- One side coating only / differential coating
- Narrow gap anode - strip (negligible zinc build up on edges, low voltage applied)
- Good control on fluid dynamics inside cell.
Anodes design (lead alloy) has been improved to achieve:
- Higher lifetime
- Complete insolubility (no lead pollution).
Anodes are made of titanium covered with noble metals (iridium, tantalum, ruthenium) and their oxides. Zinc coating thickness is controlled by Level 1 automation system through a precise relationship.
The automation system constituted of Level 1 & 2, HMI and fully integrated with measuring instruments and sensors allows the automatic set and control of:
- Strip coating thickness
- Strip speed
- Plating current
- Electrolyte chemical and physical characteristics
- Plating parameters
- Technological know-how transfer and operational training
TAKRAF and METALLOINVEST Ink Important IPCC System Agreements
TAKRAF’s significant experience and capabilities in the In-Pit Crushing & Conveying (IPCC) space has positioned the company as an important solutions...
Successful Showcase of TAKRAF’s Unique Solutions Offering at Electra Mining Africa 2018
TAKRAF Africa wraps up a successful Electra Mining Africa 2018, Africa’s largest mining exhibition, which took place from 10-14 September 2018 in...
Great Success for EAF Consteel® in China
Thanks to continuous improvement in research, Tenova EAF Consteel® fulfils Chinese steelmakers’ needs of minimizing CO2 emissions in steel production.