Electrolytic Galvanizing Lines (EGL) for Carbon Steel Strip
Tenova EGL technology stands out due to the following distinctive features:
• Plating cells
• Improved plating process control
• Insoluble anodes
• Zinc dissolving plants
Tenova design for the circumferential plating cell allows:
- One side coating only / differential coating
- Narrow gap anode - strip (negligible zinc build up on edges, low voltage applied)
- Good control on fluid dynamics inside cell.
Anodes design (lead alloy) has been improved to achieve:
- Higher lifetime
- Complete insolubility (no lead pollution).
Anodes are made of titanium covered with noble metals (iridium, tantalum, ruthenium) and their oxides. Zinc coating thickness is controlled by Level 1 automation system through a precise relationship.
The automation system constituted of Level 1 & 2, HMI and fully integrated with measuring instruments and sensors allows the automatic set and control of:
- Strip coating thickness
- Strip speed
- Plating current
- Electrolyte chemical and physical characteristics
- Plating parameters
- Technological know-how transfer and operational training
Two TAKRAF Sizers for an Important Project
The Bosnia-Herzegovina-based company, RMU Banovici d.d., is expanding the overburden handling capacity at one of its mines by installing two...
First LOWNOX MELTSHOP™ for JSW Steel (USA)
Tenova will supply the first LOWNOX MELTSHOP™ for JSW Steel (USA) Inc. Baytown, TX – a technology that will guarantee high environmental standards and...
Tenova to supply the first LOWNOX MELTSHOP™ for JSW Steel (USA) Inc. Baytown, TX.
Castellanza, October 25, 2018 – JSW Steel (USA) Inc. has selected Tenova, a company of the Techint Group specialized in innovative solutions for the...