Fume Control System Design and Performance Optimization
Tenova's extensive experience with fume system design supports the Iron and Steel Industry with cutting edge consulting & engineering solutions for the modern EAF melt shop.
Capabilities include the utilization of advanced techniques such as our proprietary furnace off-gas heat load prediction and fume control system models and Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) Modeling software. With our extensive background know-how we are fully skilled to address issues stemming from poor fume system control & design, optimization, process performance and related equipment design.
Specialized Process Gas Cleaning and Air Pollution Control Services
1. Conduct new and existing fume control system performance assessment and troubleshooting.
2. Perform computer simulations for analysis of related operations to generate an accurate design basis for related furnace practice and indicated off-gas analysis.
3. Related equipment full process and design engineering scope from the concept stage all the way to the installed system controls tune up (inclusive of water cooled ductwork, combustion, spray and mixing chambers, dry ductwork, coolers, all the way to the top of the chimney).
4. Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Modeling to evaluate performance and aid design perfection with cost effective "what if scenarios" for all related equipment and processes.
5. Services for EAF optimization and improved energy efficiencies.
1. Process studies and assessments, including system performance analysis.
2. Conceptual designs,including economic feasibility and assessments.
3. Basic and detail design for competitive contractor bidding.
4. Commissioning, tune-up and start-up services, including performance testing.
- Improved system performance
- Reduced dust and smoke
- Environmental friendly solution
- First EAF reference, 7 EAF installations worldwide
- Overall references: 52
Digital Electronic Regulation in India
Tenova has successfully commissioned its new Digital Electronic Regulation system combined with the hydraulic HRR2 servo-valves for Höganäs, India.
Large Feasibility Study for Ambitious Project in Indonesia
After the successful submission of a scoping study for a large Indonesian copper and gold producer and its ambitious project last year, our TMTC...
VINA Kyoei Steel selects Tenova for fume system upgrade
Tenova, through its subsidiary Tenova Goodfellow Inc., Canada, has successfully installed and commissioned a Peak Shaver at VINA Kyoei Steel, Vietnam...
EFSOP® TechnologyEFSOP® Technology is a real-time off-gas based process control system for the EAF, proven to achieve energy optimization and cost savings.
NOVA Gas AnalyzersFor over 30 years, Nova Analytical Systems has designed and manufactured dependable gas equipment with an integrated approach to configure their products to suit each application.