Tenova Advanced Technologies (TAT) is able to offer a unique and novel process for the production of high-grade lithium products.
A Novel Process to Produce Lithium
This revolutionary comprehensive process heralds a new generation of lithium production and recovery technologies to produce lithium in the most efficient manner at low capital and operating costs.
Our process, which leverages our significant global experience in Solvent Extraction (SX) and Electrowinning (EW), can be applied across all feed streams originating from any source, including salar, hard rock, waste recycle and process waste streams. We are also able to produce different lithium end products such as lithium carbonate, lithium chloride and lithium hydroxide, at high purity levels - including battery grade and above.
TAT collaborates with several technology partners for the implementation of this unique process in lithium plants around the world; and in this way are able to offer a “total process” from feed solution through to final product.
The TAT Lithium Recovery Process – a total process
TAT’s lithium recovery process consists of three distinct core technologies:
- LiP™: Physical removal of alkaline earth elements, using membranes
- LiSX™: Recovery of lithium from a feed solution to a purified solution utilizing a SX process
- LiEL™: Conversion of a Li2SO4 solution into a LiOH solution, using electrolysis
Based upon these three core technologies, TAT is able to offer a tailor-made comprehensive process that is best suited to individual client needs. This “total process” will vary based upon feed solution chemistry and desired final product.
Further visual and detailed information on Tenova’s Advanced Technologies for Lithium Recovery can be found here: sustenovability.tenova.com.
Some of the many advantages of the TAT lithium recovery process include:
- Residence time from brine to product in just hours
- High lithium recovery
- Lithium purity > 99.9 %
- Significantly reduced plant footprint
- Production of saturated lithium solutions in one step
- Lithium production economics is independent of by-products
- Weather independent
- Ability to simultaneously produce different lithium salts
- Suitable even for dilute Li feed solutions (<100ppm)
- Residual lithium concentrations below 1 ppm
- All spent solutions are suitable for reinjection
- Reduced capex and opex requirements
Based upon years of experience and know-how, we have developed and refined a comprehensive step-by-step approach for project development, ensuring the all-round fulfillment of project requirements and the ultimate successful delivery of the project.