Matte and slag taphole blocks
Tenova Pyromet copper tapholes are part of an integrated design solution for the entire taphole area, including the block and its surrounding refractory.
Tenova Pyromet taphole design uses FEA techniques to predict and optimize wear patterns and thermal performance.
- Higher power density levels can be maintained, for higher furnace throughput.
- Lower Heat Losses, the insulating freeze lining reduces energy losses from the furnace.
- The freedom to optimize process chemistry and operating temperatures without the constraint of lining life considerations.
Value for Money
- longer campaign life reduces overall capital expenditure. Decreased downtime cuts production losses.
- External water passages on SAFECOOL cooler designs keep water outside the furnace
- Cast-in monel tubes in MAXICOOL coolers eliminate the risk if water leaks caused by casting defects
- Long-term cracks in copper due to thermal fatigue cannot extend into monel passages
- Fusion of monel tubes with cast copper ensures excellent heat transfer
- Tenova Pyromet - Copper Products 521.78 KB
- Tenova Pyromet - Copper Products (Russian) 496.70 KB
- Tenova_Pyromet_-_Corporate_Brochure_-Chinese.pdf 1.15 MB
- Tenova Pyromet - Corporate Brochure (Russian) 1.77 MB
- Tenova Pyromet - Corporate Brochure (English) 726.68 KB
Water cooled Copper Elements
Copper LaundersWater-cooled copper launders use the freeze lining principle to reduce component wear. Lower wear means longer launder life, cutting long-term maintenance costs and downtime production losses.
Furnace Sidewall CoolingTenova's copper products use the freeze lining principle to reduce component wear. Lower wear means longer launder life, cutting long-term maintenance costs and downtime production losses.