Roller Hearth Furnaces for Thin Slab
Tenova roller hearth furnaces implementing latest-generation direct rolling technology are suitable for slab lengths of 30-50 m and, in special cases, for endless rolling of bar lengths up to 300 m. Typical thickness ranges between 40 to 90 mm. With a constant focus on critical components such as rollers and burners, Tenova designs outstanding roller hearth furnaces. Milestones include the longest furnace, the furnace with the highest temperature and the first operating furnace with three lines.
Among our references is the only roller hearth furnace in existence, reheating stainless steel thin slabs and discharging up to 1250°C (special rolls are used for the application).
In addition to complete installations, we provide advanced modifications and solutions to enhance pusher furnaces including:
- Custom design burners and combustion system
- Shuttle or swivel furnaces
- Stainless steel & silicon steel applications
- Proprietary low maintenance roll design
- Level 1 & tracking systems
- Level 2 control and thermal models
- Process simulator for designing, planning and de-bottlenecking facilities.
Value for Money
- Reduced OPEX due to the energy saving subsequent to the hot charging
- Overall reduced OPEX due to the direct finishing by-passing the roughing mill
- Long lasting rolls due to the optimized design 18 months guaranteed on metallic parts and 15 on refractory
- Easy maintenance operation (roll change in less than 10 minutes)
- Optimized process control
- Roll Cleaning System for optimized surface quality of the thin slab avoiding pick-up phenomena
- No budget limitation for safety issues
- Engineering services for upgrades of existing equipment
- Turnkey solutions and installations of integrated systems
Digital Electronic Regulation in India
Tenova has successfully commissioned its new Digital Electronic Regulation system combined with the hydraulic HRR2 servo-valves for Höganäs, India.
Large Feasibility Study for Ambitious Project in Indonesia
After the successful submission of a scoping study for a large Indonesian copper and gold producer and its ambitious project last year, our TMTC...
VINA Kyoei Steel selects Tenova for fume system upgrade
Tenova, through its subsidiary Tenova Goodfellow Inc., Canada, has successfully installed and commissioned a Peak Shaver at VINA Kyoei Steel, Vietnam...
Reheating Furnaces for Flat Products
Pusher Type Furnaces for Flat ProductsModern design techniques and solutions adopted for new furnaces can give fresh life to old plants. New offset skid systems, new hot rider designs, burners with low NOx emissions are some of the advances applied to older furnaces to boost production capacity, improve temperature uniformity, enhance surface quality and save energy.
Walking Beam Furnaces for Flat ProductsTenova has installed some of the world’s largest walking beam reheating furnaces for a variety of applications. Our walking beam furnace design combines the latest advancements in hot rider and skid system technology, process control and Level 2 automation as well as advanced burner technology.
Walking Hearth Furnaces for Flat ProductsWalking hearth reheating furnaces are highly flexible solutions featuring some key advantages such as: low scale production, low decarburization and no product remains in the furnace when the furnace has to stop operation (ability to walk final product piece through). The Tenova walking hearth furnace design produces a high quality final product due to the lack of mechanical marking. Our proven wheels, ramps and guide systems provide reliable furnace operation. Long refractory life, minimized deflection and convenient scale collection are the advantages of our hearth design.