Roller Hearth Furnaces for Thin Slab
Tenova roller hearth furnaces implementing latest-generation direct rolling technology are suitable for slab lengths of 30-50 m and, in special cases, for endless rolling of bar lengths up to 300 m. Typical thickness ranges between 40 to 90 mm. With a constant focus on critical components such as rollers and burners, Tenova designs outstanding roller hearth furnaces. Milestones include the longest furnace, the furnace with the highest temperature and the first operating furnace with three lines.
Among our references is the only roller hearth furnace in existence, reheating stainless steel thin slabs and discharging up to 1250°C (special rolls are used for the application).
In addition to complete installations, we provide advanced modifications and solutions to enhance pusher furnaces including:
- Custom design burners and combustion system
- Shuttle or swivel furnaces
- Stainless steel & silicon steel applications
- Proprietary low maintenance roll design
- Level 1 & tracking systems
- Level 2 control and thermal models
- Process simulator for designing, planning and de-bottlenecking facilities.
Value for Money
- Reduced OPEX due to the energy saving subsequent to the hot charging
- Overall reduced OPEX due to the direct finishing by-passing the roughing mill
- Long lasting rolls due to the optimized design 18 months guaranteed on metallic parts and 15 on refractory
- Easy maintenance operation (roll change in less than 10 minutes)
- Optimized process control
- Roll Cleaning System for optimized surface quality of the thin slab avoiding pick-up phenomena
- No budget limitation for safety issues
- Engineering services for upgrades of existing equipment
- Turnkey solutions and installations of integrated systems
TAKRAF at Mauritanides 2018
Mauritanides is the largest biennial mining & energy conference and exhibition for companies that are active in the Mining and Oil & Gas industry in...
LOI Thermprocess Partner of Audi-Technikum
On November 22, the German car manufacturer Audi inaugurated its Audi-Technikum, with the pioneering heat treatment plant of Tenova LOI Thermprocess
Opening of the Audi-Technikum with the pioneering heat treatment plant of Tenova LOI Thermprocess
Essen, November 23, 2018 – Audi inaugurates the Werkstofftechnikum in Neckarsulm. Its innovative plant technology enabled the creation of optimal...