Thickeners & Clarifiers
DELKOR, your sedimentation specialist supplies its clients with a wide variety of thickening equipment, with designs of up to 100 m in diameter. We leverage our experience from over 35 years of providing thickening and clarifying solutions to the mining, minerals processing and chemical industries to provide you with the most suitable and efficient sedimentation solution for your individual project.
We are able to provide a range of solutions - from a simple upgrade on an existing thickener through to a full turnkey supply including design, fabrication and supervision of installation of a 60 m high density thickener. Our technical specialists are ready to assist you throughout the entire process - from the conceptual stage including test work, equipment selection and sizing, right through to the planning, engineering, commissioning and operational phases of a project.
Our diverse range of thickeners and clariﬁers cover all of your process requirements and include:
- Conventional thickeners
- High rate thickeners
- High density thickeners
- Paste thickeners
- Shear thinning systems
- Conventional clariﬁers
- Pinned bed clariﬁers
Catering to all your process requirements
We are able to provide paste thickeners up to 34 m in diameter with drives in excess of 10 mNm of torque.
|High Density||For applications requiring high water recovery, but without the process and pumping issues associated with paste thickeners, our high density thickeners from 1 m to 99 m in diameter can be supplied.|
|High Throughput||As a pioneer in high rate thickening, our installed base of hundreds of successfully operating units around the world provides you with the confidence that, “it pays to talk to a specialist!”|
|Clarity||In instances where water quality and clarity is paramount, our range of clariﬁers and Pinned Bed Clariﬁers (PBCs) achieve low Total Suspended Solid (TSS) or clarities all the way down to 20 ppm.|
A range of standout features that you can rely on
- By employing Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modelling, test work and our experience across more than 35 years of thickener supply across 46 countries, we know what works and doesn’t!
- Our latest generation feedwell design was released in 2017
- Boasting improved flocculation together with ﬂocculent and slurry kinetics
- Lower operational costs
- Forced dilution capability
- An important option for the operation of a paste thickener.
- Our newly developed shear thinning system imparts energy efﬁciently in a well-controlled environment into highly viscous and high yield stress slurries in order to improve their pumpability.
- Our DELKOR shear thinning system can also be easily retroﬁtted into an existing thickener, as well as incorporated into new machines.
- Our centralized design and drafting center ensures improved delivery times and quality.
- Whilst the in-depth technical expertise of our local teams ensures that we comply with each country’s specific design standards.
Instrumentation and Control
- Our technical specialists are available throughout a projects implementation and operational periods so as to ensure that all speciﬁc technical requirements are met.
- These specialists also boast signiﬁcant experience in the application, calibration and operation of a wide array of instruments and control options that will assist any thickener to operate more effectively and efﬁciently.
Heavy Duty Drive Technology
- Setting the industry standard for effective and reliable thickener drive technology
- Our drive range technology includes single planetary units delivering 230,000 Nm of torque as well as multi-pinion center drive systems capable of 14 MNm of torque – these can be operated electrically or hydraulically.
No Resting on our Laurels
We continuously strive to update and improve our equipment in order to ensure that we supply the most technically competent and highest quality machines on the market – “it pays to talk to a specialist!”
The most suitable thickener for your application
We are able to quickly and accurately assist you in selecting the most suitable thickener for your specific process requirements. Our latest thickener brochure provides a simple table to already assist you in doing this.
Do you still have further questions, or do you require further information? We’d be happy to assist you and please send an e-mail to: email@example.com or contact us directly by phone.
Value for Money
- We offer both welded and bolted designs for elevated steel tanks, and can also supply the bridge, mechanism and drive for concrete tanks
- Low flocculant consumption
- We design, fabricate and supply a comprehensive range of thickeners and clarifiers
- Our thickener range includes high-rate thickeners, high-density thickeners, paste thickeners and conventional thickeners and offers designs up to 100m in diameter, catering for a variety of applications in various industries
- Our clarifier range includes pinned-bed clarifiers and sludge-bed clarifiers
- Lightweight yet sturdy design using the latest Finite Element Analysis (FEA) techniques to maximize strength and equipment life while minimizing material cost
- Hydraulic or electric drive solutions for our thickeners
- Scissor lift drives for our clarifiers
- We are able to conduct extensive testwork and boast a significant operational database to draw from
- Advanced CFD designed feedwells to optimize mixing and minimize flocculant consumption
- Advanced froth management systems to minimize froth generation and maximize overflow clarity
Download DELKOR Thickeners & Clarifiers Brochure
Customer Project name Office Cherifin des Phosphate S.A Morocco 2011-2015
High rate thickeners for rock phosphate product
DELKOR received two major orders from OCP S.A Morocco for the design, engineering, supply, erection and commissioning of nine high rate thickeners (HRT) for the Khouribga Mine To Jorf-Lasfar Ore Slurry Transport Project. The two orders included the supply of two 45 m thickeners, two 50 m thickeners, three 40 m thickeners and two 80 m thickeners for rock phosphate product and tailing applications.
All HRT drives were manufactured at the company’s plants in Bangalore, India; with partial fabrication being carried out in Morocco. Major components were also manufactured at the plants in Bangalore employing sophisticated 3D software that was used for design and detailed finite element modeling analyses of all equipment.
The HRT is a proven performer in a variety of applications across the mineral, industrial, chemical, water treatment and waste-water industries.
With units ranging up to 100 m in diameter being available and having been successfully installed, the benefits of the DELKOR HRT include low capital cost, a smaller footprint, effective use of flocculant and advanced automation.
Questions? Enquiries? Ideas? Get in touch with us!Read More
Solid / Liquid Separation
Filter presses for dewatering mineral process slurriesEnvironmental-friendly filter presses, developed and supplied by Tenova DELKOR ensure flexible operation, reliability and easy maintenance. Our filter presses are suitable for various dewatering applications, from mineral concentrates and tailings filtration, to polishing and electrolytic processes.
Horizontal Vacuum Belt Filters for DewateringDELKOR’s technology and know-how is founded in the horizontal vacuum belt filter and we remain the supplier of the world’s largest individual machine, with a number of installations across various commodities around the world.