Environmentally friendly bulk material transport is possible with tube conveyors.
Interactions between the environment and conveyed material (such as dust emissions and water absorption due to rain or snow) are eliminated by encapsulating the material while in transportation.
Compared to typical belt conveyors tube conveyors have very small curve radii. This very flexible conveyor routing often allows a reduction of the numbers of transfer points and opens the possibility for long distance environmental friendly material transport.
- We design, fabricate and supply a wide-range of tube conveyors catering to clients' specific needs and requirements
- Flexible conveyor routing allows for the reduction in the number of transfer points
- Significantly reduced environmental impact due to encapsulation of transported material (reduction specifically in dust emissions)
- No transported material contamination
Customer Project name Maritza East 1 power plant residual transport AES Power plant Maritza East 2010
Tube conveyor at power plant Maritza East
The tube conveyor was selected to transport residual materials (ash and gypsum) from the power plant to the disposal area by two reasons:
- Environmental friendly transport without influencing material and surroundings
- Conveyor routing following the natural terrain with tight horizontal and vertical curves
The tube conveyor is running in eight horizontal curves with 350 m to 500 m radius. To ensure the correct overlap position at the discharge area the patented belt training system (BTS) is used.
4,535 m 1,500 mm / 400 mm 4 x 500 kW 1,400 t/h Customer Project name DARS (Dry Ash Removal System) Enel Russia Reftinskaya GRES power plant 2014
Tube conveyor for dry ash removal system
TAKRAF has delivered the complete residual material handling and disposal system including:
- Long distance material transport with tube conveyor
- Transfer tower to feed the dumping system or the emergency stockpile
- Dumping system with shiftable conveyor, tripper car and stacker
- Emergency stockpile with radial stacker
Tube conveyors are very common in residual material transportation due to the encapsulation of the material. Special feature of this project is the ambient temperature of minimum -45 °C combined with a material temperature of maximum 90 °C at the tube conveyor feeding point.
The tube conveyor is running in five horizontal curves with 420 m to 630 m radius. To ensure the correct overlap position at the discharge area the patented belt training system (BTS) is used.
4,390 m/ 30 m 2,000 mm/ 570 mm 6 x 800 kW 2,200 t/h
Stackers and Reclaimers for Power Station Stockyard in Bangladesh
Tenova TAKRAF is pleased to announce an important project award for the supply of four stackers and four portal reclaimers for a large material...
Large Feasibility Study for Ambitious Project in Indonesia
After the successful submission of a scoping study for a large Indonesian copper and gold producer and its ambitious project last year, our TMTC...
First Ore Milestone at the World’s Most Powerful Belt Conveyor System
After successful pre-commissioning, crushed copper ore was, for the first time, conveyed along the complete 13 km belt conveyor system designed and...
Questions? Enquiries? Ideas? Get in touch with us!Read More
Belt ConveyorsBelt conveyors complement machines used in bulk material handling and mining systems. They are used as the main component in bulk material transport systems.
In-Plant ConveyorsIn-plant conveyor systems are utilized within the mining, minerals processing and power generation industries to receive/ unload, stockpile, reclaim, and deliver ore, fertilizer, coal and a variety of other bulk material within a plant.